What is a Traditional Indian Head Massage?02 March 2022
Are you feeling tense or having headaches often? Do you suffer from jaw aches, eye strain, lack of sleep, or feelings of stress and anxiety? If you have any of these ailments, then a traditional Indian head massage may bring the best relief. Indian head massages help relieve tension in the upper body, head, neck and shoulders. They also offer a wide range of mental and physical benefits for your body. Read on to find out what traditional Indian head massages can offer you in terms of relaxation and wellness.
The Traditional Indian Head Massage Explained
Indian head massages, also known as champissage or shiroabhyanga, are an ancient part of Hindu culture. They have been used for over 4000 years in Ayurvedic medicine to help bring healing to the mind and body. In recent years, this holistic technique has become popular across the world, and today health spas in many countries offer some form of head massage treatment. Indian head massage focuses on areas most prone to stress and tension, such as the scalp, face, neck, arms, shoulders and upper back. We treat these areas using a series of strokes and pressure points to help relieve tension and boost circulation.
Who Can Benefit From Indian Head Massage?
Almost anyone can enjoy the health benefits that come from traditional Indian head massage. They are known to restore joint motion, increase mental clarity and generally improve health overall. We can perform head massages fully clothed, so they are perfect for those who value modesty as well as those who are less mobile, such as the elderly or the disabled. They can be used to treat any number of ailments, such as headaches and migraines, and can be easily performed anywhere.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage
There are several reasons why you should try a traditional Indian head massage for yourself:
- Relieves tension in the upper body, reducing the risk of ailments such as migraines, headaches and back pain.
- Increases oxygen to the scalp and hair follicles, which stimulates healthier hair growth.
- Improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck. This helps the body detoxify itself and more easily remove waste.
- Relaxes the body and relieves stress, opening the body up to better rest and a good night’s sleep.
- Helps to reduce the symptoms of anxiety and depression by stimulating the supply of oxygen to the brain.
- Renews energy levels through the Ayurvedic concept of balance and healing.
- Allows you to release your cluttered and stressful thoughts, effectively boosting your short-term memory.
The Wellness Sanctuary
Here at The Wellness Sanctuary we offer a wide range of treatments including Indian head massages designed to relieve the stresses of modern life. Overseen by Zoe Overton and her team of fully qualified therapists, The Wellness Sanctuary uses traditional massage techniques to help restore harmony and rebalance your body and mind. To find out more about our range of treatments, or to book in for your Indian head massage, we invite you to get in touch with us today.